“Where I’m From” By Tyrone Morton (Grade 12)

I am from microphones. From 808’s And Heart Breaks and The Perfect Luv Tape. I am from the foam taped on the walls in every corner. Light, soundproof, the neighbors couldn’t hear a thing. I am from roses the stems of which are usually armed with prickles of various shapes and sizes. Family Reunions and Loyalty. From Madison Ayla Mason and Joan Valentine. I am from … Continue reading “Where I’m From” By Tyrone Morton (Grade 12)

“Where I’m From” By Brittney Knott (Grade 12)

I am from nowhere. I am from Ramen noodles and sink water. I am from third floor apartments, bulletproof windows, and police sirens.  I am from card games & strong women with thick thighs and even thicker hearts, from Athena, Aphrodite, and the most powerful Goddess of all, My Grandmother.  I am from laughter and making do with what we have.  I am from never … Continue reading “Where I’m From” By Brittney Knott (Grade 12)

Escapism, Reality, and The Definition of Being Alive By: Chase Truitt

Thanks to quarantine I have learned a new skill It’s a tricky little thing to be able to pull off but when it works I get transported to a new world. Escapism- The tendency to seek distraction and relief from unpleasant realities especially by seeking entertainment or engaging in fantasy I talk to the winds outside of my windows I thank them for listening, for … Continue reading Escapism, Reality, and The Definition of Being Alive By: Chase Truitt