As the new Spring season starts to blossom, there are a lot more fresh fruits available in the grocery stores. The following recipe is based on a traditional German pastry. The “Erdbeertraum”, or in Germany also known as Bisquitrolle, is a perfect cake that is easy to bake for family and friends. The word to word translation would be strawberry dream since this cake has a sweet, fruity filling as well as a soft batter.
Ingredients and Supplies:
|¼ cup||corn starch|
|1. Separate the egg white from the yolk. Then, blend half of the sugar with the yolk until it is creamy.
2. Beat the egg white with the rest of the sugar.
3. Mix both, along with slowly mixing the flour and cornstarch into the batter.
4. Put the batter on the baking tray.
5. Bake the batter for fifteen minutes at 375°F.
6. When the cake base is baked, roll it to an even roll.
|1. Cut some strawberries into pieces and blend the rest.
2. Beat the cream with the sugar until it becomes whipped cream.
3. Beat the cream cheese until it is smooth.
4. Mix the gelatine with the whipped cream, the cream cheese and the strawberries.
After the batter is cooled down, spread the strawberry filling evenly on top of the cake base and roll the cake slowly back in the roll shape.
Useful Hints and Tips
- Leave the cake in the refrigerator for around three hours for better cutting into pieces.
- Use strawberry yogurt instead of cream cheese for a softer filling.
- Decorate the cake with whipped cream and strawberries on top for a better appearance.
- Use baking paper so the batter does not stick to the tray.
- Cut the edges of the roll so the cake looks even.
Recipe found and translated from: http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/1122571218558669/Biskuitrolle-mit-Erdbeer-Sahne-Fuellung.html